SANUSq: Jiaogulan powdered leaf in vegetable capsules - 500 mg x 100
Restore overall balance with this powerful adaptogen
Current batch best before date: Sep-2023
Country of origin: Thailand
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) 500 mg Pure Jiaogulan powdered leaf in vegetable capsules
Suggested dosage: We suggest at least 2 to 4 capsules per day.
Storage: Refrigerate after opening, and use within 60 days
- Rejuvenates body and mind
- Boosts energy and stamina; reduces fatigue
- Relieves stress and promotes calm
- Regulates blood pressure
- Strengthens immunity
- Regulates metabolism
- Reduces inflammation
- No additives, free from pesticides
What is Jiaogulan?
Jiaogulan or Gynostemma pentaphyllum is a climbing herb native to China but it also grows in other Asian countries such as Thailand and Japan. The people from the mountainous regions of southern China have been using Jiaogulan for more than hundreds of years as a:
- tonic herb to boost energy and stamina, and to reduce stress and fatigue
- folk medicine to treat common cold, bronchitis and infectious diseases
Jiaogulan is also known as the “Herb of Immortality”. It was a little-known herb that fetched huge attention when a nation-wide census in China in the 1970’s brought forth some astonishing results. It found that most people from villages of Guizhou, Guangxi and Sichuan provinces lived up to 100 years of age and had a low occurrence of cancer and other diseases. A subsequent investigation by a team of researchers revealed the reason for this unusual longevity and health of the locals was that people from these regions regularly consumed tea made of Jiaogulan leaves.1. Treasure trove of saponins: Bioactive compounds with tremendous health benefits
Jiaogulan contains huge amounts of bio-active compounds, called saponins that are quite similar to the chemicals found in ginseng. Ginseng is another very well-known herb that promotes longevity and good health. However, there is a difference. While Jiaogulan contains more than 170 different saponins, ginseng contains only 28.
Saponins are known for their tremendous anti-oxidant activity and have beneficial effects on blood pressure, cholesterol levels, the nervous system, immunity and cancer. These phytochemicals are the reason why Jiaogulan offers such incredible health benefits.
2. Adaptogenic herb: The key to maintain balance and alleviate stress
Adaptogenic herbs belong to an exclusive class of plants. Remarkably, only one in 4,000 plants is classified as an adaptogen. To qualify, the plants must strictly qualify by three special characteristics:
- Help the body to adapt to all kinds of stress (environmental, physical, emotional or chemical)
- Restore balance and regulate internal functions in the body
- Safe to use and cause no harm in the body
The beauty of Jiaogulan is that it basically brings balance to internal functions that are out of whack and it works in all directions, meaning it can either reduce or increase a given function depending on where it is going wrong. It basically does what is required by the body. For example, if you are overweight Jiaogulan will improve metabolism. On the other hand, it will help you absorb nutrients more efficiently if you are underweight and help you build lean muscle mass. This, however, is just one of the examples of how this amazing herb works in many directions. This effect extends to regulating blood glucose levels, blood pressure and stress.
Jiaogulan works through two main adaptogenic mechanisms. One, it enhances cardiac productivity, an action that improves the amount of oxygen and nutrients reaching tissues and organs.
Two, Jiaogulan supports and regulates the neuroendocrine system that comprises of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. The neuroendocrine system – involved in production of hormones and regulating the central nervous system – helps to maintain:
- Growth, development and healthy tissue functions
- An optimal internal milieu critical for integrating diverse biological responses (physical, mental and emotional)
- Processes such as reproduction, glucose metabolism, energy utilization, heart rate, blood pressure, protein syntheses
3. Amazing anti-oxidant: The key to a longer, healthier life
We need antioxidants to protect our cells, DNA and tissues from oxidative damage by free radicals. This oxidative stress causes chronic inflammation – causing our organs to decline and age faster. Researchers have long blamed chronic inflammation for conditions like atherosclerosis (plaque accumulation in the arteries) and almost all age associated ailments such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, cataracts, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and auto-immune disorders.
The good news is our body produces some very powerful anti-oxidants internally. And how Jiaogulan contributes is that it stimulates the body’s intrinsic ability to produce these endogenous anti-oxidants, a property that scientists link with Jiaogulan’s extraordinary longevity benefits and other therapeutic properties.
Helps body to make anti-oxidants like Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Glutathione and Catalase.
Works in tandem with other anti-oxidants that we get from food – thus making the body more equipped to limit oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
4. Strengthens the nervous system: Calms yet energizes
Jiaogulan is an adaptogen, and what it does best is that it strives to create balance and harmony within the body and mind. And this property makes the herb particularly beneficial to the nervous system. Most importantly, Jiaogulan makes it easier to deal with all kinds of stressors and it doesn’t specifically work in one direction. For example, Jiaogulan invigorates the body and mind when you are exhausted. And yet it has a calming effect on your nerves if you are stressed or feeling strung out.
- Helps with insomnia and promotes sleep
- Relieves stress and anxiet
- Strengthens adrenal glands
- Calms jangled nerves
- Regulates stress hormones
One of the most notable benefits of Jiaogulan in terms of heart health is that it stimulates the endothelium (inner lining of the blood vessels) to release nitric oxide (NO).
NO is a vasodilator that helps to relax the blood vessels. Reduced NO increases blood pressure, initiates plaque formation and causes arteries to constrict. These factors damage arteries, and make them thicker and less flexible. In all, Jiaogulan offsets many risk factors associated with heart attacks and stroke.
- Improves overall vascular health
- Lowers LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Regulates blood pressure (by dilating blood vessels)
- Prevents clot formation
Jiaogulan is often used by athletes to boost energy, stamina levels and performance. It combines many properties to help increase stamina and protect from physical damage that occurs during exercise or physically demanding tasks. For example, Jiaogulan improves the pumping function of the heart to provide more oxygen and nutrients to the muscle. This herb also helps the body to produce internal anti-oxidants and regulate the production of NO, a potent vasodilator. All these factors help to:
- Improve cardiac productivity
- Improve energy levels
- Reduce fatigue
- Recover faster from exhaustion
- Build endurance capacity
Why should you buy SANUS-q’s Jiaogulan capsules?
- Mountain harvested Jiaogulan (wild-crafted)
- Organic produce; free of toxic pesticides or fertilizers
- Capsules are ideal for use when travelling and in a rush
Precautions and Drug Interactions
Always consult your health practitioner; and share your medical history and any information about any medicine you are taking before you start using Jiaogulan or any other herbal product.
- Pregnant, breast feeding women and small children should avoid taking Jiaogulan.
- Jiaogulan may cause slight nausea and increased bowel movements when used long-term.
- Not recommended for patients who are taking drugs for heart conditions like blood thinners or to lower blood pressure
- Avoid Jiaogulan if you are taking immune suppressing drugs; for example, after organ transplant surgery.
This data is only intended for education and information purposes only while not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any aforementioned diseases. It is not in any way intended to diagnose, prescribe or substitute the advice or treatment recommended your physician or other health care professionals.