SANUSq Botanique: Lingzhi / Reishi Mushroom 'Ganoderma Lucidum' powdered cracked spore (vegetarian) capsules - 300 mg x 100
Reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue. Improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure
Current batch best before date: August 2024
Country of origin: Thailand
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) 300 mg Ganoderma lucidum powdered cracked spores. No additives or preservatives. Organically grown in Thailand. Non-GMO product.
Suggested daily dosage: 3 capsules per day with food and water for at least 3 months or as directed by your healthcare professional. Discount bundle available (Click here)
Storage: Refrigerate after opening. Use within 60 days. Keep well sealed.
- 900mg of Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) per serving
- 100 vegetable capsules per bottle
- Non-GMO, 100% organic and pesticide free
- No additives or synthetic ingredients
- Screw top glass bottle
- Enhances the immune system, reduces stress, improves sleep, and lessens fatigue
- Approved in Japan and China as supplemental cancer treatment
Health Benefits of Reishi in a nutshell
- Regulates immune system
- Helps in faster recovery after surgery or illness
- Reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Lowers inflammation
- Improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure
- Fights cancer
- Protects against allergies
What is Reishi Mushroom?
Scientific name: Ganoderma lucidum
Reishi mushroom, or Ling Zhi, is an edible fungus with extraordinary healing properties. It is also known as the “mushroom of immortality” as it is believed to promote longevity and maintain overall health.
It has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a herb that brings balance in the body, induces sound sleep and increases resistance to stress, infections and disease. And modern scientific studies validate that Reishi mushrooms have a wide range of medicinal properties including immune-modulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour, anti-stress, anti-diabetic, hormone balancing, liver-protective, antiviral and antibacterial to name a few.  
The Chinese government approves Reishi as a safe, non-toxic dietary supplement, and in Japan it is officially used as an adjunct treatment for cancer.
Maintaining balance is the key to good health
Reishi mushroom works as an adaptogen – a substance that maintains equilibrium in the body and increases resistance to any kind of stress, be it physical, emotional or environmental.. Adaptogens primarily work by strengthening the immune system, balancing hormones and optimizing the functions of major organ systems in the body including the liver, heart, kidneys and heart – to restore balance and offer a broad spectrum of benefits.
Reishi also exhibits powerful anti-oxidant properties and destroys free radicals that cause cellular damage, cancer, premature aging and chronic inflammation. In addition, Reishi mushroom also has radio-protective effects. It increases the activity of anti-oxidant enzymes and reduces the oxidative damage caused by radiation, thus is especially useful for those affected by the Fukushima nuclear disaster.
Reishi Mushroom Spores
The mushroom is densely packed with a wide variety of bio-active compounds – including polysaccharides, triterpenes, germanium, amino acids, proteins, sterols, vitamins and trace minerals. These active components work together to heal the body, normalize functions, alleviate stress, promote better sleep, regulate immune system and lend the mushroom its incredible anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.
The matured fruiting body of the Reishi mushroom fungi release spores. It is believed that spores are richer in these bio-active ingredients, especially triterpenes , thus offering more health benefits and therapeutic value. Triterpenes, responsible for the bitter taste of the mushroom, lower blood cholesterol and blood pressure, restore hormonal balance and soothe the nervous system. Ganoderic acid, an important triterpene in the fungi, are known for their cancer fighting and anti-oxidant properties. Polysaccharides and triterpenes both help to regulate the immune system, prevent inflammation and show immense anti-cancer potential.
What is Reishi Cracked Spores Powder?
The spores are covered by a hard shell that makes the absorption of the nutrients difficult. The hard shell is broken by advanced, innovative technology that makes the bio-active compounds more bio-available and absorbed by the body.
Health Benefits of Reishi Mushroom
Here are the major benefits in more detail:
1. Modulates the immune system
As an adaptogen, Reishi mushroom helps the body maintain a healthy immune system.  It not only strengthens natural immunity and helps fight infections; it also prevents the immune system from going into a hyperactive mode and launching extreme immune responses. Reishi can also help you recover faster from infections, if taken in time. The mushroom is a rich source of polysaccharides and triterpenes, that are responsible for it’s immune-modulating properties.
Reishi calms overcharged immune cells, thus providing a mechanism to curb allergies and autoimmune disorders such as arthritis. Triterpenes found in Reishi, are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. These compounds inhibit the release of histamine and this makes Reishi extremely helpful in fighting allergies such as asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory disorders.
At the same time, Reishi can also stimulate immune cells when required. It increases the activity of macrophages, natural killer cells, B and T cells, and dendritic cells and this immune boosting ability protects against all kinds of infections caused by bacteria and viruses, including HIV and Epstein-Barr virus (herpes). It is especially helpful for people with low immune functions and helps in faster recovery from any illness, infections or after surgery.
2. Relieves stress
Chronic stress increases the risk of all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, insomnia, poor immunity, depression and heart disease. Long term stress also causes hormonal imbalances and poor gut health. Reishi mushroom, with its high adaptogenic properties:
- Increases body’s resilience to stress
- Regulates stress hormones
- Reduces fatigue, improves stamina
- Provides energy and rejuvenates the body
- Eases anxiety, restlessness and irritability
- Calms the nervous system, promotes healthy sleep at night and improves sleep quality
- Exerts a positive impact on memory and concentration
3. Anti-cancer properties
Many studies support that Reishi has powerful anti-cancer effects. [5-6] It is also used as an effective adjunct therapy to chemotherapy and radiotherapy as it not only reduces associated side-effects such as loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss and weakened immunity, but also yields a better tumour response when incorporated with conventional cancer treatments. 
Various mechanisms through which Reishi fights cancer and inhibits tumour growth are:
- Boosts the immune response by increasing the activity of natural killer cells and other immune cells.
- Increases the production of interferons and interleukins, cancer-fighting substances
- Inhibits cancer cell proliferation and prevents metastasis (when cancer spreads to other parts of the body).
- Prevents angiogenesis, growth of new blood vessels that supply blood and nutrients to rapidly growing cancer cells.
- Increases overall antioxidant anti-inflammatory capacity
4. Improves cardiovascular health
Reishi mushrooms lower various risk factors known to cause cardiovascular disease. Triterpenes, polysaccharides, sterols and adenosine found in mushroom are mainly tied to these heart healthy benefits:
- Works as an antioxidant and prevents LDL oxidation, known to cause inflammation, plaque formation and clogged arteries.
- Improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Reduces platelet stickiness and prevents blood clotting, that can lead to stroke or heart attack
- Reduce high cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood
- Helps control obesity and associated type 2 diabetes (by preventing fat storage and activating AMPK-enzyme, the switch that regulates metabolism). 
5. Protects liver functions
Regular use of Reishi mushroom supplements can support and nourish your liver’s health. Triterpenoids and polysaccharides found in the mushroom extract improves liver’s ability to fight oxidative damage and inflammation.
- Prevents inflammation in the liver cells
- Improves liver functions.
- Protects the liver from damage caused by toxins, heavy metals and hepatitis B virus.
- Beneficial in improving alcohol-induced liver injury. 
- May help in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Free radicals are known to destroy liver cells and lower enzymes involved in detoxification and those naturally produced by the body. Research suggests that Reishi improves the level of antioxidant enzymes, increases the amount of total glutathione antioxidant that helps the liver in detoxification), and reverses mild fatty liver to normal. 
6. Improves symptoms in urinary tract infection
Lower urinary tract symptoms, such as painful urination, weak stream, incontinence and urgent need to urinate, are common in ageing men. These symptoms can cause pain and reduce the quality of life in the elderly. Research shows that Reishi mushroom may improve lower urinary tract symptoms in men. 
SANUSq’s Reishi Mushroom cracked spore powdered capsules
Spores are cracked using a highly innovative technology that not only helps increase the absorption rate but also sustains the nutritional, bio-active content within the spores
- Not recommended for children, and pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor before taking this product if you have a serious health condition or if you are taking any medication
- Do not use the product if you are on immunosuppressant therapy.
- Sanodiya BS, Thakur GS, Baghel RK, Prasad GB, Bisen PS. Ganoderma lucidum: a potent pharmacological macrofungus. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 2009
- Batra P, Sharma AK, Khajuria R. Probing Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (higher Basidiomycetes): a bitter mushroom with amazing health benefits. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. 2013
- Bingji Ma, Wei Ren, Yan Zhou, Jinchuan Ma, Yuan Ruan, and Chun-Nan Wen. Triterpenoids from the spores of Ganoderma lucidum. Noth American Journal of Medical Sciences. 2011
- Bhardwaj N, Katyal P, Sharma AK. Suppression of inflammatory and allergic responses by pharmacologically potent fungus Ganoderma lucidum. Recent Patents on Inflammation and Allergy Drug Discovery. 2014
- Jin X, Ruiz Beguerie J, Sze DM, Chan GC. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2016
- Cor et al. Antitumour, Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Antiacetylcholinesterase Effect of Ganoderma Lucidum Terpenoids and Polysaccharides: A Review. Molecules. 2018
- Xingzhong Jin, Julieta Ruiz Beguerie, Daniel Man-yuen Sze, Godfrey CF Chan. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment. Cochrane Gynaecological, Neuro-oncology and Orphan Cancer Group. 2016
- Anita Thyagarajan-Sahu, Brandon Lane and Daniel Sliva. ReishiMax, mushroom based dietary supplement, inhibits adipocyte differentiation, stimulates glucose uptake and activates AMPK. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The official journal of the International Society for Complementary Medicine Research (ISCMR)2011
- Lv et al. Ganoderic acid A from Ganoderma lucidum protects against alcoholic liver injury through ameliorating the lipid metabolism and modulating the intestinal microbial composition. Food & Function. 2022
- Chiu et al. Triterpenoids and polysaccharide peptides-enriched Ganoderma lucidum: a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study of its antioxidation and hepatoprotective efficacy in healthy volunteers. Pharm Biol. 2017
- Noguchi M, Kakuma T, Tomiyasu K, et al: Effect of an extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms: A double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized and dose-ranging study. Asian Journal of Andrology. 2008