SANUSq Botanique: Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) in vegetable capsules - 350 mg x 90
Boosts Brain Health: Memory and Focus
Current batch best before date: August 2025
Country of origin: India
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) 350 mg organically grown Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) in vegetable capsules
Suggested daily dosage: We suggest 3 capsules per day
Storage: Refrigerate after opening, and use within 60 days
What is Brahmi?
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) is a herb with brain rejuvenating effects and is native to India, Australia, Africa and Europe. It is also known as Bacopa and Jalabrahmi. Best known for its ability to enhance memory and focus, Brahmi has been used in Ayurveda for centuries for managing various conditions such as stress, anxiety, asthma and epilepsy.
Brahmi contains a large amount of bioactive, phytochemical compounds that work in synergy to give the herb antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and memory enhancing properties. The most important bioactive compounds in Brahmi are Bacoside A and B (dammarane-type triterpenoin saponins), alkaloids, and herpestine.
Health Benefits in a Nutshell
- Works as an anti-oxidant
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves cognitive functions
- Improves memory and focus
- Reduces ADHD symptoms
- Calms and strengthens nervous system
- Reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Reduces stress levels
Health Benefits of Brahmi
1. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) contains many powerful antioxidant compounds that protects cells and tissues from the oxidative injury caused by free radicals. This oxidative damage is known to cause chronic inflammation and premature ageing at the cellular level.
2. Boosts brain function
Brahmi is valued as one of the most effective herbs in Ayurveda for improving brain functions. It is known as a brain tonic that:
- Rejuvenates the brain
- Boosts cognitive functions such as learning, intellect, memory and focus
- Protects the tissues of nervous system from oxidative damage
- Reduces age-associated neural inflammation
The leaves are a rich source of antioxidants, such as saponins (bacosides) that seem to be majorly responsible for all these benefits in boosting cognition and in strengthening overall mental health. It can be used by people of all ages to improve learning and memory.
Human studies show promising results and provide evidence that Brahmi can be used to improve learning, retention, and memory. [1-3] Preliminary research also hints at its positive role in managing symptoms of Alzheimer's disease (AD).
3. May reduce ADHD symptoms
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a disorder with symptoms such as hyperactivity, inability to focus, low attention span and impulsive behaviour. Research has shown that Bacopa monnieri may help reduce ADHD symptoms such as impulsivity, inattentiveness and restless in children. [4-5]
4. Relieves stress and anxiety
Prolonged periods of stress and anxiety can be detrimental to our physical and mental well-being. Chronic stress can aggravate as well as increase the risk of conditions such as depression, insomnia, heart disease, diabetes, obesity and asthma. It also weakens immunity, causes fatigue, upsets hormonal balance and triggers gastrointestinal disorders.
Brahmi is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body cope with stress. As an adaptogen, Brahmi supports healthy immunity, restores balance and equilibrium in the body, reduces fatigue, nourishes adrenal functions and regulates stress hormones. Research suggests that Brahmi reduces symptoms of stress and anxiety by lowering the levels of stress hormone cortisol. Brahmi contains bacosides, powerful antioxidant compounds that are responsible for its anti-stress and anti-anxiety benefits. Brahmi also promotes healthy and sound sleep and can be a very effective in managing insomnia and fatigue.
Other Health Benefits
- Boosts immunity
- Reduces blood pressure
- Strengthens hair and promotes hair growth
- Helpful for gout and arthritis
- Beneficial in epilepsy
- Beneficial in urinary tract infections
- Boosts respiratory health
- Helpful in asthma
- Beneficial in irritable bowel syndrome
Bacopa monnieri or Brahmi is considered safe to use for all ages.
- It may cause nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, or for women who are trying to conceive
- People who are taking medication for diabetes and or high blood pressure should consult their healthcare practitioner before taking Brahmi supplements in any form.
- People with pre-existing medical conditions such as liver and kidney disorders should consult their healthcare practitioner before taking Brahmi supplements.
- Stough et al. The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001
- Peth-Nui et al. Effects of 12-Week Bacopa monnieri Consumption on Attention, Cognitive Processing, Working Memory, and Functions of Both Cholinergic and Monoaminergic Systems in Healthy Elderly Volunteers. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012
- Banerjee et al. Bacosides from Bacopa monnieri extract: An overview of the effects on neurological disorders. Phytotherapy Research. 2021
- Dave et al. An open-label study to elucidate the effects of standardized Bacopa monnieri extract in the management of symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Adv Mind Body Med. 2014
- Katz et al. A compound herbal preparation (CHP) in the treatment of children with ADHD: a randomized controlled trial. J Atten Disord. 2010