SANUSq: Liposomal Vitamin C with Glutathione - 250ml
Boosts immunity. Provides excellent detox and antioxidant support with 1,000 mg Vitamin C + 50 mg Glutathione per serving
Current batch best before date: 31 May 2025
Country of origin: The Netherlands
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Main ingredients: (per 5ml serve) 1000 mg Vitamin C (as Ascorbic acid and Sodium/Potassium ascorbate) and 50 mg Glutathione (L-Reduced). Refer to label for full list of ingredients.
Suggested daily dosage: 5ml per day 30 minutes before or after a meal, followed by a glass of water. Shake the bottle well before each use. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. Discount bundle available (Click here)
Storage: Refrigerate after opening and consume within 60 days
- 1,000mg Vitamin C and 50mg glutathione per serving
- Liposomal vitamin C and glutathione for improved bioavailability absorption, and antioxidant and detox capacity per serving
- Vegan, Non-soy, Non-GMO, Sugar free, Gluten free
- Screw top bottle with measuring cup
- Protects tissues from oxidative damage, reduces inflammation
- Boosts immune system
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Supports skin health
- Makes bones, joints and muscles healthy
How does Vitamin C Function in the Body?
Works as an anti-oxidant: Vitamin C fights free radicals, that cause oxidative damage to lipids, proteins and DNA; and lowers inflammation in the body. In this capacity, vitamin C helps to:
- Support heart health by preventing oxidation of LDL cholesterol and resulting inflammation. This reduces atherosclerosis risk (accumulation of plaque that causes heart attack and stroke.)
- Protects against free radical damage by cigarette smoke, UV rays, air pollution and harsh chemicals
- Reduces DNA damage caused by radiation exposure. DNA damage can cause cancer and genetic disorders.
- Prevents premature cellular ageing
- A Japanese study found that high doses of Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants minimized DNA damage and reduced overall risk of developing cancer in workers exposed to severe radiations at the Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant. 
Health Benefits of Vitamin C
Here are some of the major health benefits in more detail:
Required for collagen synthesis
Your body needs vitamin C to synthesise and repair collagen, a protein fibre that provides strength and structure to the tissues. Collagen works as a glue that holds everything together inside the body. Whether it is our skin, muscles, eyes, heart, ligaments, tendons, nerves, blood vessels, hair or teeth, all our tissues are made up of collagen. In this capacity, vitamin C helps to:
- Maintain and improve skin health
- Supports heart health 
- Maintain joints and bones health
- Keeps muscles healthy
- Reduces symptoms in arthritis [3-4]
- Repair tissues, heal burns, wounds and injuries faster
- Make teeth and gums healthy
- Maintain strength and flexibility of blood vessels
- Improves blood vessel health
Charges the immune system
Vitamin C’s role as an immune booster is widely known . It strengthens the body’s natural ability to protect against many types of bacterial and viral infections.
- Increases production and activity of white blood cells and antibodies
- Reduces the duration and severity of the common cold
Vitamin C also helps in:
- Iron absorption, prevents iron deficiency anemia
- Production of L-carnitine (required for fat metabolism)
- Synthesis of neurotransmitters, boosts brain function
- Reducing symptoms of stress and anxiety 
We can’t make or store vitamin C in our body
That’s why we must get it from our diet, through fresh fruits and vegetables or supplements. However, most of the vitamin C present in raw, whole foods is lost during the cooking process. In addition, smoking and alcohol depletes vitamin C from the body. Restricted diets, poor food choices, excessive use of drugs and antibiotics and conditions that causes absorption issues such as Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis causes further shortage of vitamin C.
Chronic vitamin c deficiency can make you prone to developing infections and cause symptoms such as muscle pain, weakness, fatigue, joint pain and even depression. If you aren’t taking a healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits and vegetables, it is best to take high quality liposomal vitamin C to maintain your immunity; boost bones, joints and heart health, and keep your skin glowing and healthy.
Why Liposomal Vitamin C?
The problem with typical vitamin supplements (in tablets, pills or powder form) is that they are not very well absorbed in the gut. Most of it is degraded and lost during digestion. In fact, less than 20 % of vitamin C that we consume – whether through food or conventional supplements – is bio-available for uptake by the cells … and that is where it must reach.
To add to these absorption problems, only a small amount from what is eventually released into the bloodstream reaches the cells. Being water soluble, vitamin C can’t easily penetrate cell membranes, which are made of fat. Furthermore, high doses of regular vitamin C supplements cause gastrointestinal problems like abdominal cramps, bloating and diarrhoea.
Using liposomal technology to encapsulate and deliver vitamin C solves these absorption and bio-availability challenges. Liposomes are small bubbles that can safely envelop dietary supplements and work as a perfect vehicle to deliver nutrients directly to the cells, without any loss or degradation that typically occurs during digestion.
Why liposomal vitamin C is better than other forms of vitamin C?
- Bypasses the digestion process – resulting in direct delivery to cells, hence increased bioavailability
- Encapsulates and carries vitamin C within phospholipids bilayer – helping it cross the membrane-barrier without resistance, hence more uptake by the cells.
- Prevents gastric distress and other side effects commonly experienced with traditional forms of supplements.
Our liposomes are made of phospholipids derived from GMO-free sunflower oil
A Japanese study found that high doses of Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants minimized DNA damage and reduced overall risk of developing cancer. 
Vitamin C enhances the absorption of polysaccharides in Reishi. Polysaccharides are one of the most abundant bioactive compounds found in Reishi and are responsible for many health benefits, including its anti-oxidant and immune-modulating properties. Taking Reishi along with vitamin C rich foods or vitamin C supplements will help you get the most out of your Reishi supplements.
SANUSq Liposomal Vitamin C Contains Glutathione
High quality Liposomal Vitamin C from SANUSq comes with added glutathione, the master antioxidant and powerful detoxifier.
- Scavenges free radicals, lowers oxidative damage and inflammation
- Helps in DNA synthesis and DNA repair
- Helps the body to recycle other antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E and lipoic acid
- Detoxifies liver; gets rid of toxins, heavy metals, drugs and chemicals
- Improves functions of immune cells and fights infections
- Offers protection against radiation exposure
Vitamin C increases iron absorption. Get your ferritin levels checked before you start using liposomal vitamin C. Too much iron in the body can increase your risk of heart disease. Your ferritin levels should be less than 80 ng/mL and transferrin saturation should be less than 40%.
Consult your healthcare professional if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and also to determine if the supplement is suitable for children.
- Yanagisawa A. Orthomolecular approaches against radiation exposure. Presentation Orthomolecular Medicine Today Conference. Toronto 2011 http://www.doctoryourself.com/Radiation_VitC.pptx.pdf
- Dunlap et al. Vitamin C supplementation for the treatment of osteoarthritis: perspectives on the past, present, and future. Ther Adv Chronic Dis. 2021
- Ripani et al. Vitamin C May Help to Reduce the Knee’s Arthritic Symptoms. Outcomes Assessment of Nutriceutical Therapy. Med Arch. 2019
- Zhu et al. Targets of Vitamin C With Therapeutic Potential for Cardiovascular Disease and Underlying Mechanisms: A Study of Network Pharmacology. Front. Pharmacol. 2021
- Moritz et al. The role of vitamin C in stress-related disorders. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 2020.
- Anitra C. Carr1 and Silvia Maggini. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017
Information on our websites, in our blogs and our emails are provided for informational purposes only, and have not been evaluated by the EMA, EFSA or FDA. It is not meant to substitute medical advice provided by your healthcare professional and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Our products are intended for adults, 18 years of age and older. While Vitamin C with Glutathione has been shown to have various health benefits, it is important to remember that supplements and dietary changes should be considered as part of an overall health plan and not as a substitute for professional medical treatment. Only a qualified healthcare practitioner can provide personalized advice and treatment plans based on your individual health needs and medical history, and you should seek advice from your healthcare professional before taking product(s) if you are pregnant or nursing.