SANUS-q: Lingzhi / Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma Lucidum) powdered cracked spore vegetarian capsules - 100 x 300 mg
Reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue. Improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure
Current batch best before date: Sep-2022
Country of origin: Thailand
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) 300 mg Ganoderma lucidum powdered cracked spores. No additives or preservatives. Organically grown in Thailand. Non-GMO product.
Suggested dosage: For general good health and body maintenance, take 1 capsule on an empty stomach in the morning and again at night before or after the evening meal. For dealing with specific issues, depending on the severity, take 2 or 3 capsules in the morning on an empty stomach, and 2 or 3 at night before or after the evening meal. After 6 months of continuous use, stop taking for one-week if allergic reactions appear and resume again if desired.
Storage: Refrigerate after opening. Use within 60 days. Keep well sealed.
- Regulates immune system
- Helps in faster recovery after surgery or illness
- Reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Lowers inflammation
- Improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure
- Fights cancer
- Protects against allergies
What is Reishi Mushroom?
Scientific name: Ganoderma lucidum
Reishi mushroom, or Ling Zhi, is an edible fungus with extraordinary healing properties. It is also known as the “mushroom of immortality” as it is believed to promote longevity and maintain overall health.
It has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a herb that bring balance in the body, induces sound sleep and increases resistance to stress, infections and disease. And modern scientific studies validate that Reishi mushrooms have a wide range of pharmalogical properties including immune-modulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour, anti-stress, anti-diabetic, hormone balancing, liver-protective, antiviral and antibacterial functions to name a few.  
While the Chinese government approves Reishi as a safe, non-toxic dietary supplement, in Japan it is officially used as an adjunct treatment for cancer.
It’s all about maintaining balance
Reishi mushroom works as an adaptogen – a substance that maintains equilibrium in the body and increases the body’s resistance to any kind of physical, emotional or environmental stress. It primarily works by strengthening the immune system and normalizing the functions of major organ systems including the liver, heart, kidneys and heart – to restore balance and offer a broad spectrum of benefits.
Reishi also exhibit powerful anti-oxidant properties and destroy free radicals that cause cellular damage, cancer, premature aging and chronic inflammation. In addition, Reishi mushroom also has radio-protective effects. It increases the activity of anti-oxidant enzymes and reduces the oxidative damage caused by radiation, thus is especially useful for those affected by the Fukushima nuclear disaster.
Reishi Mushroom Spores
The mushroom is densely packed with a wide variety of bio-active compounds – including polysaccharides, triterpenes, germanium, amino acids, proteins, sterols, vitamins and trace minerals. These active components work together to heal the body, normalize functions, alleviate stress, promote better sleep, regulate immune system and lend the mushroom its incredible anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.
The matured fruiting body of the Reishi mushroom fungi release spores. It is believed that spores are richer in these bio-active ingredients, especially triterpenes , thus offering more health benefits and therapeutic value. Triterpenes, responsible for the bitter taste of the mushroom, lower blood cholesterol and blood pressure, restore hormonal balance and soothe the nervous system. Ganoderic acid, an important triterpene in the fungi, are known for their cancer fighting and anti-oxidant properties. Polysaccharides and triterpenes both help to regulate the immune system, prevent inflammation and show immense anti-cancer potential.
What is Reishi Cracked Spores Powder?
The spores are covered by a hard shell that makes the absorption of the nutrients difficult. The hard shell is broken by advanced, innovative technology that makes the bio-active compounds more bio-available and absorbed by the body.
Health Benefits of Reishi Mushroom
1. Modulates the immune system
Working as an adaptogen, Reishi mushroom is effective for both overactive and underactive immune system.  Polysaccharides and triterpenes, the two major groups of components present in Rieshi mushrooms, are responsible for it’s immune-modulating properties.
Reishi calms overcharged immune cells, thus providing a mechanism to curb allergies and autoimmune disorders such as arthritis. Triterpenes, especially, are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties. These compounds inhibit the release of histamine and this makes Reishi extremely helpful in fighting allergies such as asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory disorders.
At the same time, Reishi can also stimulate immune cells into more action when required. It increases the activity of macrophages, natural killer cells, B and T cells, and dendritic cells and this immune boosting ability protects against cancer and all kinds of infections caused by bacteria and viruses, including HIV and Epstein-Barr virus (herpes). It is especially helpful for people with low immune functions and helps in faster recovery from any illness, infections or after surgery.
2. Relieves stress
Chronic stress increases the risk of all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, insomnia, poor immunity and susceptibility to infections, depression and heart disease, just to name a few. The mushroom, with its high adaptogenic quotient:
- Increases body’s resilience to stress
- Reduces fatigue
- Provides energy and rejuvenates during the day
- Works as an effective remedy for insomnia as it calms the nervous system, promotes healthy sleep at night and improves sleep quality
- Exerts a positive impact on memory and concentration
Many studies support that Reishi has powerful anti-cancer effects. [5,6,7] It is also used as an effective adjunct therapy to chemotherapy and radiotherapy as it not only reduces associated side-effects such as loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss and weakened immunity, but also yields a better tumour response when incorporated with conventional cancer treatments. 
Various mechanisms through which Reishi fights cancer and inhibits tumour growth are:
- Boosts the immune response by increasing the activity of natural killer cells and other immune cells.
- Increases the production of interferons and interleukins, cancer-fighting substances
- Inhibits cancer cell proliferation and prevents metastasis (when cancer spreads to other parts of the body).
- Prevents angiogenesis, growth of new blood vessels that supply blood and nutrients to rapidly growing cancer cells.
- Increases overall antioxidant anti-inflammatory capacity
Reishi mushrooms lower various risk factors known to cause cardiovascular disease. Triterpenes, and polysaccharides in the mushroom are mainly tied to these heart healthy benefits.
- Improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation, associated with plaque formation and clogged arteries.
- Reduces platelet stickiness and prevents blood clotting, that could lead to stroke or heart attack
- Reduce high cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood
- Helps control obesity and associated type 2 diabetes (by preventing fat storage and activating AMPK-enzyme, the switch that regulates metabolism). 
Reishi mushroom works as a liver tonic primarily because of the high amounts of antioxidant triterpenes that it contains. These bioactive compounds, known to reinforce immune functions, fight cancer and prevent allergies, also prevent inflammation in the liver cells and improve liver functions. Reishi mushroom has been shown to protect the liver from damage caused by toxins, heavy metals and hepatitis B virus in animal models. [11,12,13]
SANUS-q’s Reishi Mushroom cracked spore powdered capsules
- Contains no additives or synthetic ingredients
- Spores are cracked using a highly innovative technology that not only helps increase the absorption rate but also sustains the nutritional, bio-active content within the spores
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Keep out of reach of children
- Not recommended for children, and pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor before taking this product if you have a serious health condition or if you are taking any medication
- Do not use the product if you are on immunosuppressant therapy.
- Sanodiya BS, Thakur GS, Baghel RK, Prasad GB, Bisen PS. Ganoderma lucidum: a potent pharmacological macrofungus. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 2009
- Batra P, Sharma AK, Khajuria R. Probing Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (higher Basidiomycetes): a bitter mushroom with amazing health benefits. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. 2013
- Bingji Ma, Wei Ren, Yan Zhou, Jinchuan Ma, Yuan Ruan, and Chun-Nan Wen. Triterpenoids from the spores of Ganoderma lucidum. Noth American Journal of Medical Sciences. 2011
- Bhardwaj N, Katyal P, Sharma AK. Suppression of inflammatory and allergic responses by pharmacologically potent fungus Ganoderma lucidum. Recent Patents on Inflammation and Allergy Drug Discovery. 2014
- Jin X, Ruiz Beguerie J, Sze DM, Chan GC. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2016
- Suarez-Arroyo IJ, Rosario-Acevedo R, Aguilar-Perez A, Clemente PL, Cubano LA, Serrano J, Schneider RJ, Martínez-Montemayor MM. Anti-tumor effects of Ganoderma lucidum (reishi) in inflammatory breast cancer in in vivo and in vitro models. PLoS One. 2013
- Hernández-Márquez E, Lagunas-Martínez A, Bermudez-Morales VH, Burgete-García AI, León-Rivera, Montiel-Arcos E, García-Villa E, Gariglio P, Madrid-Marina V V, Ondarza-Vidaurreta RN5. Inhibitory activity of Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum (higher Basidiomycetes) on transformed cells by human papillomavirus. International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. 2014
- Xingzhong Jin, Julieta Ruiz Beguerie, Daniel Man-yuen Sze, Godfrey CF Chan. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom) for cancer treatment. Cochrane Gynaecological, Neuro-oncology and Orphan Cancer Group. 2016
- Gao Y, Zhou S, Jiang W, et al. Effects of ganopoly (a Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide extract) on the immune functions in advanced-stage cancer patients. Immunological Investigations. Aug 2003
- Anita Thyagarajan-Sahu, Brandon Lane and Daniel Sliva. ReishiMax, mushroom based dietary supplement, inhibits adipocyte differentiation, stimulates glucose uptake and activates AMPK. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The official journal of the International Society for Complementary Medicine Research (ISCMR)2011
- Wu YW, Fang HL, Lin WC. Post-treatment of Ganoderma lucidum reduced liver fibrosis induced by thioacetamide in mice. Phytother Res. 2010 Apr;24(4):494-9.
- Jin H, Jin F, Jin JX, et al. Protective effects of Ganoderma lucidum spore on cadmium hepatotoxicity in mice. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012
- Li YQ, Wang SF. Anti-hepatitis B activities of ganoderic acid from Ganoderma lucidum. Biotechnology Letters. 2006 Jun; 28(11):837-41. Epub 2006 May 31.