Gurmar and Moringa bundle
For healthy glucose metabolism and nutritional support
Gurmar (Gymnema Sylvestre) and Moringa (Moringa Oleifera) are two popular ayurvedic herbs with amazing medicinal properties. Both herbs are rich in antioxidant compounds that work in various ways to nourish the body, protect tissues from oxidative damage and reduce the risk of many diseases. While Gurmar is known for its ability to regulate blood sugar levels and nourish the pancreas, the leaves of the moringa plant are packed with vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidant compounds that help overcome malnutrition, prevent anaemia, strengthen bones and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Both these herbs have been an important part of the Ayurvedic system of medicine for thousands of years.
The combination of moringa and gurmar works as an excellent source of antioxidants that help neutralize nasty free radicals that damage the body and cause inflammation, diseases and premature cellular ageing. In addition, both of these herbs synergistically influence glucose metabolism and stimulate the pancreas. The broad spectrum of bioactive compounds in both herbs helps the body process sugar better and keeps blood sugar levels in check by restoring the function of beta cells of the pancreas, stimulating insulin production and improving insulin sensitivity. Our gurmar moringa bundle keeps you overall-healthy and is great for your immunity, heart, bones, skin and hair.
Health benefits of Gurmar
Gurmar, or Gymnema Sylvestre, is particularly known for its benefits in lowering blood sugar levels. [1-3] The sugar-reducing benefits are in fact reflected in its name that translates to gur (sugar) and mar (destroyer). Research shows that gurmar may help prevent and manage type 2 diabetes as it suppresses sugar cravings, improves the production of insulin, regenerates the pancreas and protects beta cells of the pancreas from the oxidative damage caused by free radicals. It also helps in weight loss and in reducing inflammation.
The leaves of the gurmar plant contain significant amounts of bioactive compounds such as gurmarin, gymnemic acid and gymnemasaponins, which are mainly responsible for the incredible health benefits gurmar is known for, particularly for pancreas and sugar metabolism.
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Nourishes and repairs pancreas
- Reduces the risk of metabolic syndrome
- Helps in weight management
- Improves metabolism
- Helps in digestive disorders
- Stimulates liver functions
- Reduces burning sensation in the eyes
- Helps in skin problems
- Beneficial in eye disorders
Health benefits of Moringa
The leaves of moringa are power packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids.  In fact, moringa contains more vitamin C than oranges, more calcium than milk, more protein than yoghurt and more iron than spinach. Fresh moringa leaves also contain high amounts of vitamin E, similar to the concentrations found in nuts. Powder made from dried moringa leaves also add minerals like magnesium, zinc, iron, copper, and phosphorus to your diet. Such an impressive nutritional profile makes moringa extremely good for bones, immunity, skin, hair and overall health.
Moringa is also a very rich source of bioactive compounds such as beta carotene, alkaloids, flavonoids (myrecytin, quercetin and kaempferol), isothiocyanates, saponins and phenolic acids (chlorogenic acid). [5-6] This incredible combination of nutrients and antioxidants in moringa leaves is the reason why it reduces oxidative damage in tissues, lowers body-wide inflammation and provides immense health benefits. For example, chlorogenic acid (CGA), a major phenolic acid in moringa, plays an important role in glucose metabolism. Other compounds in moringa leaves reduce blood pressure and keep your arteries and heart healthy.
- Excellent source of nutrition
- Boosts energy and reduces fatigue
- Maintains hormonal balance
- Reduces high blood sugar levels 
- Prevents anaemia
- Good for heart
- Improves skin and hair health
- Strengthens bones
For more information about Gurmar and Moringa, please visit the individual product pages.
- Turner at al. Consuming Gymnema sylvestre Reduces the Desire for High-Sugar Sweet Foods. Nutrients 2020.
- Devangan et al. The effect of Gymnema sylvestre supplementation on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Phytotherapy Research. 2021.
- Esperanza Martínez-Abundis. Effect of Gymnema Sylvestre on Metabolic Syndrome and Insulin.
- Chhikara et al. Bioactive compounds, associated health benefits and safety considerations of Moringa oleifera L.: an updated review. Nutrition & Food Science. 2021.
- Abbas et al. Nutritional Values of Moringa oleifera, Total Protein, Amino Acid, Vitamins, Minerals, Carbohydrates, Total Fat and Crude Fiber, under the Semi-Arid Conditions of Sudan. Journal of Microbial & Biochemical Technology. 2018.
- Marcela Vergara-Jimenez et al. Bioactive Components in Moringa Oleifera Leaves Protect against Chronic Disease. Antioxidants 2017
- Nova et al. Potential of Moringa oleifera to Improve Glucose Control for the Prevention of Diabetes and Related Metabolic Alterations: A Systematic Review of Animal and Human Studies. Nutrients 2020.