Bonne Santé Liposome: Liposomal Vitamin D3+K2 (MK7) - 100ml
Liposomal Vitamin D3+K2 for strong bones and healthy heart
Current batch best before date: October 2023
Country of origin: The Netherlands
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per 2 ml) 90 mcg Vitamin K2; 50 mcg (2,000 IU) Vitamin D3
Suggested dosage: 1 x 2 ml directly in mouth or glass of water or juice, unless otherwise advised by a healthcare professional. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
* To gain the full benefits of taking a quality Liposomal Vitamin D product, it should not be consumed within 2 hours of taking an Omega oil product.
Ingredients: Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7); Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol); lecithin (Non-GMO Sunflower Oil) - emulsifier; glycerol – humectant; ethanol (<1.5%); xylitol - sweetener; apricot flavour - flavouring; natural vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) – antioxidant; potassium sorbate - preservative; purified water.
Recommended serving size: 2 ml
Servings per bottle: 50
Storage: Store cool and dry. When opened store in refrigerator and finish within 2 months.
Product description PDF: View Here
- 100 ml vitamin D3+K2
- Use of liposomal technology for better absorption and bio-availability
- Available in vanilla flavour
- Non-GMO product
- Measuring cup included
- Resealable screw top lid
- Helps the body with efficient use of calcium
- Maintains healthy bones and teeth
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Maintains healthy immune functions
- Lowers inflammation
Vitamin D3 helps you absorb calcium, a key mineral required for the formation of strong bones. But did you know you also need vitamin K2 to help this calcium reach bones? In fact, K2 does more than this. It also removes calcium from your soft tissues, like your blood vessels. Excessive deposits of calcium in the arteries can contribute to atherosclerosis, which is the hardening and narrowing of arteries. Atherosclerosis increases your risk of angina, heart disease and stroke.
Together, vitamins D3 and K2 make sure the body can properly use calcium. This supports bone and heart health.
Vitamin D3: How it works?
Vitamin D3 is well-recognized for its role in regulating calcium levels and forming strong bones. Your body’s calcium supplements won’t work unless you it has sufficient vitamin D3 to absorb this calcium.
It is also known for many other health benefits. And the majority of these benefits are due to its ability to influence the expression of various genes. This is how it works:
- Almost every cell of your body has receptors for vitamin D. These receptors, called VDRs, are present in the cells of intestines, heart, breasts, lungs, hormone glands, thyroid glands, immune system and muscles.
- The active form of vitamin D binds to these receptors and activates various genes, responsible for making proteins and enzymes, which tell the body how to work.
Vitamin D3: Health benefits
- Helps in calcium absorption, needed for strong, healthy bones
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Regulates immunity
- Helps the body fight infections
- Reduces risk of autoimmune disorders
- Reduces risk of respiratory infections, asthma and allergies  
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
- Reduces inflammation
Your body can make enough vitamin D3 in the presence of sunlight. But both adults and children are increasingly spending less time outdoors. Increased use of sunscreen and the fear of developing skin cancer also limit sun exposure, resulting in widespread deficiency. Taking high quality liposomal vitamin D3 can help you maintain healthy levels.
But, taking vitamin D3 supplements may not be not enough if you are not combining it with vitamin K2.
Vitamin K2: How it works?
You may have heard of vitamin K and its role in proper clotting of blood. Did you know there are two types of vitamin K – K1 and K2? And that both have different functions? While both vitamins are needed for healthy blood clotting, it is vitamin K2 that plays a more important role in your bone and heart health. It is because vitamin K2 controls where calcium goes. This is how it works:
- Activates osteocalcin, a protein that binds calcium to the bones
- Activates Matrix Gla-protein (MGP), a protein that prevents calcium from being deposited in soft tissues, including the arteries
- Functions as an anti-oxidant
- Improves bone health
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis and fractures  
- Reduces the risk of heart disease  
- Helps in healthy blood clotting
- Improves health in post-menopausal women
- Lowers inflammation
- Improves testosterone production, lowers estrogen levels
- Improves insulin sensitivity
Bonne Sante Liposome Vitamin D3+K2
- Liposomal technology to achieve better absorption of nutrients
- Direct transportation of nutrients to the circulation and target cells, without any loss during digestion
Warnings and Precautions
This product does not replace a healthy, wholesome diet. It is meant to be used as a dietary supplement. Always consult your doctor before using any supplement, especially if you are already taking prescribed medications or herbal supplements.
Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and also to determine if the supplement is suitable for children.
- Martineau et al. Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data. BMJ, 2017
- Hooman Mirzakhani et al. Vitamin D and the development of allergic disease: how important is it? Clin Exp Allergy. 2015.
- Katarzyna Maresz. Proper Calcium Use: Vitamin K2 as a Promoter of Bone and Cardiovascular Health. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2015
- Huang et al. Does vitamin K2 play a role in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis for postmenopausal women: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Osteoporos Int. 2015
- Knapen et al. Menaquinone-7 supplementation improves arterial stiffness in healthy postmenopausal women. A double-blind randomised clinical trial. Thromb Haemost. 2015
- Mansour et al. Vitamin K2 supplementation and arterial stiffness among renal transplant recipients-a single-arm, single-center clinical trial. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2017