SANUSq Botanique: Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri) in vegetable capsules - 350 mg x 90
Supports Liver Health
Current batch best before date: August 2025
Country of origin: India
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Main ingredients: (per capsule) 350 mg organically grown Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri) in vegetable capsules. Refer to label for full list of ingredients.
Suggested daily dosage: 3 capsules per day with food and water for at least 3 months or as directed by your healthcare professional. Discount bundle available (Click here)
Storage: Refrigerate after opening. Use within 60 days. Keep well sealed.
- 1,050mg of Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri) per serving
- 90 vegetable capsules per bottle
- Non-GMO, 100% organic and pesticide free
- No additives or synthetic ingredients
- Screw top glass bottle
- Various therapeutic effects like antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, anti-viral, anti-plasmodial, and diuretic
What is Bhumi Amla?
Bhumi Amla, or Phyllanthus Niruri, is an herb native to India, China and the rainforests of the Amazon. It is also known as bhumyamalaki, stone breaker, gale of the wind, chanca Piedra and seed-under-leaf. Bhumi Amla has been traditionally used to treat a variety of conditions such as jaundice, liver disorders, diabetes, high blood pressure, genitourinary infections, kidney stones and digestive ailments.
It contains a wide range of phytochemicals – tannins, flavonoids, alkaloids, terpenes, coumarins and lignans – which are mainly responsible for its health benefits and properties. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, hepatoprotective (liver-protective), and analgesic (pain-relieving) in nature.
Health Benefits in a Nutshell
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves antioxidant levels
- Protects liver
- Prevents kidneys stones
- Maintains healthy blood sugar levels
- Destroys harmful bacteria and viruses
- Prevents gastric ulcers
- Helps in indigestion
Health Benefits of Bhumi Amla
1. Protects liver health
Bhumi Amla is one of the best herbs for your liver health. It improves liver functions and helps in liver detoxification. Bhumi Amla nourishes, protects, cleanse and rejuvenates the liver due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. It is loaded with various antioxidant phytochemicals that help protect the liver from the damage caused by free radicals. The herb is also good for spleen health.
Bhumi Amla may also be useful in managing symptoms of hepatitis B, a serious infection that causes severe damage and inflammation in the liver. Animal and laboratory studies show that Bhumi Amla inhibits the virus that causes hepatitis B.
We need more human studies to understand the effects of bhumi amla on liver health, but small-scale, preliminary studies show evidence that the amazing herb helps with improving liver functions in patients with alcoholic hepatis, a condition where heavy consumption of alcohol over the years causes inflammation in the liver. A double-blind randomized controlled trial found that Phyllanthus Niruri improved total antioxidant levels in people with mild to moderate alcoholic hepatitis. It also improved appetite. 
2. Prevents kidney stones
Bhumi Amla, or Phyllanthus Niruri, helps reduce the risk of kidney stones. Accumulation of calcium oxalate crystals is one of the leading causes of kidney stones. Bhumi Amla is diuretic in nature and flushes out excess salts (oxalate crystals). And as a diuretic, it also removes excess fluids, uric acid and toxins from the body. A study showed that P. Niruri reduced the size and number of the kidney stones in some of the participants. It also increased urinary excretion of magnesium and potassium, which makes the urine alkaline and as a result increases the amount of citrate in the urine, which in turn blocks the formation of calcium stones. 
3. Prevents gastric ulcers
Bhumi Amla reduces pain and inflammation. It also reduces excess production of gastric acid and helps in wound healing and tissue regeneration. In addition, this herb protects the stomach lining from the damage caused by excessive acids present in the stomach. All of these properties help in managing gastric ulcers. Animal studies suggest that the abundance of bioactive plant compounds in the herb are responsible for its anti-ulcer benefits. Bhumi Amla is also helpful in mouth ulcers and canker sores.
4. Improves digestive health
Bhumi Amla helps in digestion and in reducing acidity. It improves bile formation, reduces bloating and prevents constipation. It is also known to be useful in excessive thirst (polydipsia), gastritis, ulcerative colitis, and gastrointestinal infections.
5. Maintains healthy sugar levels
Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri) is a rich source of various bioactive compounds that show immense anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities. Phyllanthin, one of the main bioactive components present in Bhumi Amla, shows superior anti-diabetic properties.  Oxidative stress and resulting inflammation increase the risk of many chronic health problems, including type 2 diabetes. Free radicals damage the beta cells of the pancreas, which produce insulin. Antioxidant compounds in Bhumi Amla help reduce the damage caused by free radicals.
6. Helps manage skin conditions
Bhumi Amla purifies the blood and helps manage painful symptoms in various skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis and eczema.
Other health benefits of Bhumi Amla
- Protects against cold and cough
- Prevents gall bladder stones
- Improves spleen health
- Relieves symptoms of leucorrhoea – excessive white vaginal discharge
- Purifies blood
- Prevents genitourinary infections
- Bhumi Amla can cause side effects such as drowsiness.
- Bhumi Amla may interact with some drugs. Those taking diuretics, cholesterol-lowering drugs, immuno-modulatory drugs, diabetes medications and blood pressure-lowering drugs should consult their healthcare professional before consuming Bhumi Amla in any form.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women, breastfeeding women and women who are trying to conceive.
- People with blood clotting disorders should consult their doctor before taking Bhumi Amla supplements.
- Sowjanya et al. Efficacy of Phyllanthus niruri on improving liver functions in patients with alcoholic hepatitis: A double-blind randomized controlled trial. Indian J Pharmacol. 2021
- Pucci et al. Effect of phyllanthus niruri on metabolic parameters of patients with kidney stone: a perspective for disease prevention. International braz j urol. 2018.
- Sibiya AM, Ramya AK, Vaseeharan B. Bioactive Molecules from Phyllanthus Niruri and Investigating their effects against Diabetes. eBook. Recent Trends in Biochemistry. 2020.