SANUSq Botanique: Jiaogulan powdered leaf in vegetable capsules - 500 mg x 100
Restore overall balance with this powerful adaptogen
Current batch best before date: September 2024
Country of origin: Thailand
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) 500 mg Pure Jiaogulan powdered leaf in vegetable capsules
Suggested daily dosage: 4 capsules per day with food and water for at least 3 months or as directed by your healthcare professional. Discount bundle available (Click here)
Storage: Refrigerate after opening. Use within 60 days. Keep well sealed.
- 2,000mg of Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum) per serving
- 100 vegetable capsules per bottle
- Non-GMO, 100% organic and pesticide free
- No additives or synthetic ingredients
- Screw top glass bottle
- Regulates nitric oxide production
What is Jiaogulan?
Jiaogulan or Gynostemma pentaphyllum is a climbing herb native to China but it also grows in other Asian countries such as Thailand and Japan. The people from the mountainous regions of southern China have been using Jiaogulan for more than hundreds of years:
- as a tonic herb to boost energy and stamina,
- to reduce stress and fatigue
- as a folk medicine to treat common cold, bronchitis and infectious diseases
Jiaogulan is also known as the “Herb of Immortality”. It was a little-known herb that fetched huge attention when a nation-wide census in China in the 1970s brought forth some astonishing results. It found that most people from villages of Guizhou, Guangxi and Sichuan provinces lived up to 100 years of age and had a low occurrence of cancer and other diseases. A subsequent investigation by a team of researchers revealed the reason for this unusual longevity and health of the locals was that people from these regions regularly consumed tea made of Jiaogulan leaves.
Health Benefits of Jiaogulan in a Nutshell
- Rejuvenates body and mind
- Boosts energy and stamina
- Reduces fatigue
- Relieves stress and promotes calm
- Regulates blood pressure
- Strengthens immunity
- Regulates metabolism
- Reduces inflammation
- No additives, free from pesticides
Health Benefits of Jiaogulan in more detail
Here are some of the major health benefits in more details:
1. Treasure trove of saponins: Bioactive compounds with tremendous health benefits
Jiaogulan contains 100 different saponins , bioactive compounds that are known for their tremendous anti-oxidant properties and have beneficial effects on blood pressure, cholesterol levels, the nervous system, immunity and cancer. These phytochemicals are the reason why Jiaogulan offers such incredible health benefits. Jiaogulan also contains other important nutrients such as sterols, vitamins, flavonoids, polysaccharides, amino acids and many trace minerals.
Jiaogulan offers holistic health benefits to almost every system in our body. It is found to regulate, nourish and strengthen our immune system, nervous system, digestive system, circulatory system and endocrine (hormone) system while protecting many organs such as heart, liver, brain and spleen. Regular use of this herb has been shown to increase longevity, sustain high energy levels and protect our systems from the wear and tear induced by everyday stress.
2. Adaptogenic herb: The key to maintain balance and alleviate stress
Adaptogens are one of those rare and amazing herbs that enhance the body’s resistance to everyday stress, fatigue and anxiety. These herbs are also called biological response modifiers. Remarkably, only one in 4,000 plants is classified as an adaptogen.
To qualify, the plants must strictly possess these special characteristics:
- Help the body to adapt to all kinds of stress (environmental, physical, emotional or chemical)
- Restore balance and regulate internal functions in the body
- Must have a non-specific action on the body
- Be safe to use and cause no harm in the body
Jiaogulan is one of the most powerful adaptogenic herbs. It equips the body to deal with any kind of stress and promotes overall emotional and physical well-being. The beauty of Jiaogulan is that it basically brings balance to internal functions. It can sense what is missing and work accordingly to fill the gap. For example, if you are overweight Jiaogulan can help you lose weight. On the other hand, it will help you absorb nutrients more efficiently if you are underweight and help you build lean muscle mass. It can calm you down but also has the potential to energize a depressed nervous system.
In short, Jiaogulan maintains a state of balance in the body. This balance is the key to vitality, and long life while reinforcing the body’s ability to self-repair and self-heal.
3. Amazing anti-oxidant: The key to a longer, healthier life
We need antioxidants to protect our cells, DNA and tissues from oxidative damage by free radicals. This oxidative stress causes chronic inflammation – causing our organs to decline and age faster. Researchers have long blamed chronic inflammation for conditions like atherosclerosis (plaque accumulation in the arteries) and almost all age associated ailments such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, cataracts, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and auto-immune disorders.
The good news is our body produces some very powerful anti-oxidants internally. And Jiaogulan stimulates the body’s intrinsic ability to produce these endogenous anti-oxidants, such as Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Glutathione and Catalase. Jiaogulan’s amazing ability to encourage the body’s own production of anti-oxidants is one of the primary reasons why this ancient herb has been linked with anti-ageing benefits and longevity.
4. Strengthens the nervous system: Calms yet energizes
Jiaogulan is an adaptogen, and it strives to create balance and harmony within the body and mind. This property makes the herb particularly beneficial to the nervous system. With its antioxidant and adaptogenic qualities, Jiaogulan makes it easier to manage and respond to stress. It supports and reinforces all the underlying systems that regulate our response to stress and anxiety. It optimizes the nervous system, endocrine system and immune system and helps the body heal and recover from stress, injury or disease. Jiaogulan not only rejuvenates the body and mind and boosts energy, it also calms you when feeling stressed or strung out.
- Helps with insomnia and promotes sleep
- Relieves stress and anxiety 
- Strengthens and nourishes adrenal glands
- Calms nerves
- Regulates stress hormones
- Improves mood
- Supports heart health
5. Protects heart: Improves heart functions and lowers risk factors
Jiaogulan has strong antioxidant properties that help reduce the oxidative damage and inflammation in the blood vessels. It also stimulates the endothelium (inner lining of the blood vessels) to release nitric oxide (NO).
NO is a vasodilator that helps to relax the blood vessels. Reduced NO increases blood pressure, initiates plaque formation and causes arteries to constrict. These factors damage arteries, and make them thicker and less flexible. Jiaogulan improves blood circulation and reduces blood pressure while providing more of nutrients and oxygen to tissues and organs. In all, Jiaogulan offsets many risk factors associated with heart attacks and stroke.
• Improves overall vascular health
• Lowers LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels
• Regulates blood pressure (by dilating blood vessels)
• Prevents clot formation
6. Boosts energy and stamina
Jiaogulan is often used by athletes to boost energy, stamina levels and performance. It combines many properties to help increase stamina and protect from physical damage that occurs during exercise or physically demanding tasks. For example, Jiaogulan improves the pumping function of the heart to provide more oxygen and nutrients to the muscle. This herb also helps the body to produce internal anti-oxidants and regulate the production of NO, that dilates blood vessels. All these factors help to:
• Improve cardiac productivity
• Improve energy levels
• Reduce fatigue
• Recover faster from exhaustion
• Build endurance capacity
Why should you buy SANUSq’s Jiaogulan capsules?
• Mountain harvested Jiaogulan (wild-crafted)
• Organic produce; free of toxic pesticides or fertilizers
• Capsules are ideal for use when travelling and short of time
Always consult your health practitioner; and share your medical history and any information about any medicine you are taking before you start using Jiaogulan or any other herbal product.
- Pregnant, breast-feeding women and small children should avoid taking Jiaogulan.
- Jiaogulan may cause slight nausea and increased bowel movements when used long-term.
- Not recommended for patients who are taking drugs for heart conditions like blood thinners or to lower blood pressure
- Avoid Jiaogulan if you are taking immune suppressing drugs; for example, after organ transplant surgery.
- Choi et al. Supplementation with extract of Gynostemma pentaphyllum leaves reduces anxiety in healthy subjects with chronic psychological stress: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytomedicine. 2019
- Ahmed et al. Gynostemma pentaphyllum an immortal herb with promising therapeutic potential: a comprehensive review on its phytochemistry and pharmacological perspective. International Journal of Food Properties. Volume 26, 2023 - Issue 1