SANUSq: Moringa Oleifera leaf (vegetable) capsules - 500 mg x 100
Moringa Oleifera - Powerhouse of nutrition
Current batch best before date: March 2024
Country of origin: Thailand
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) Moringa Oleifera leaf powder - 500mg
Suggested dosage: We suggest 4 capsules per day.
Storage: Refrigerate after opening, and use within 60 days
Moringa Oleifera tree is native to the Himalayas in India and Nepal but also grows in other parts of Asia, Africa and South Africa. It has been traditionally used for thousands of years (in both Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine) for its medicinal and nutritional benefits. The leaves of moringa are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and bioactive compounds with extraordinary antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antidiabetic properties. It goes by many other names, such as the drumstick tree, miracle tree, horseradish tree and ben oil tree.
Health Benefits of Moringa
- Excellent source of nutrition
- Protects and nourishes tissues
- Loaded with antioxidant compounds
- Boosts energy and reduces fatigue
- Restores hormonal balance
- Lowers high blood sugar levels
- Prevents anaemia
- Good for heart and joints
- Improves skin and hair health
Outstanding nutritional profile of Moringa Oleifera
Moringa has an incredibly high nutritional content, which means adding a moringa leaf powder supplement is a great way to energize your body and fulfil all its nutritional requirements. [1-2] This powerhouse of nutrition is often recommended as a remedy for malnutrition, and research shows that moringa powder can improve weight in malnourished children.
It is a good source of vitamins (A, C, K, B1, B2, B3, B7 and folate), and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc), making moringa a great supplement for eye health, bone health and immunity. Moringa is also a great source of protein and contains essential amino acids that you need for energy synthesis, protein synthesis and tissue repair.
Moringa leaf powder can be a significant addition to a woman’s diet during pregnancy, to meet their increasing nutritional needs. Moringa supplements may also be beneficial for nursing mothers as it increases milk production and improves nutrition in milk. It is also good for menopausal women. [3-4]
- More vitamin C than oranges
- More vitamin A than carrots
- More calcium than milk
- More protein than yogurt
- More potassium than bananas
- More iron than spinach
Moringa Leaf Powder Benefits
1. Rich in antioxidants, lowers inflammation
Moringa leaf powder contains high amounts of antioxidant compounds, such as vitamin C, alkaloids, flavonoids (quercetin) and polyphenols (chlorogenic acid). Moringa leaf powder supplement can give your body a much-needed antioxidant boost and help protect your cells and tissue from oxidative damage.
Your body naturally produces free radicals when it fights harmful microorganisms and during energy production, but things like pollution, processed food, sun exposure, toxin exposure, stress and chronic disease also create free radicals that leave a trail of destruction and damage throughout the body, causing cellular damage, premature ageing and inflammation. Moringa supplements can help you reduce inflammation and delay premature cellular ageing.
2. Hormonal Health
Moringa leaf powder can help restore healthy hormonal balance in the body. It is well-known that your hormonal health is closely linked to your gut health. With its high fibre content, moringa is extremely beneficial for your gut and liver health. It clears constipation, improves absorption of nutrients and keeps your gut bacteria happy. A healthy gut microbiome plays an important role in the production and regulation of hormones.
Also, various vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals present in moringa leaf powder can nourish and protect your endocrine system in several ways.
3. May reduce blood sugar levels
High blood sugar levels can lead to pre-diabetes and diabetes which increases your risk of many health problems such as heart disease, stroke, kidney disease and obesity. While more research is required, initial studies show that moringa can be useful in lowering your blood sugar levels.  Chlorogenic acid and other compounds in moringa leaf provide natural protection against rising blood sugar levels.
4. Good for heart
Moringa is loaded with phytochemicals with impressive antioxidant properties. Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress, which is known for its role in the development of chronic inflammation and heart disease. Moringa also contains high amounts of insoluble fibre that not only contributes towards good digestive health but also improves heart health by removing excess cholesterol from the body.
5. Good for anaemia
As an excellent source of iron, moringa leaf powder can be used as an effective remedy to prevent and manage iron-deficiency anaemia. It also contains folate and vitamin C, that helps in iron absorption.
Possible side effects of Moringa Leaf Powder
Moringa is generally safe for long-term use and is also well-tolerated in both children and adults. However, we recommend that you first talk to your healthcare provider before taking any kind of dietary supplement. Moringa supplements may lower blood sugar levels, so those taking medications to treat diabetes should avoid taking moringa.
- Chhikara et al. Bioactive compounds, associated health benefits and safety considerations of Moringa oleifera L.: an updated review. Nutrition & Food Science. 2021.
- Abbas et al. Nutritional Values of Moringa oleifera, Total Protein, Amino Acid, Vitamins, Minerals, Carbohydrates, Total Fat and Crude Fiber, under the Semi-Arid Conditions of Sudan. Journal of Microbial & Biochemical Technology. 2018.
- Kushwaha et al. Effect of supplementation of drumstick (Moringa oleifera) and amaranth (Amaranthus tricolor) leaves powder on antioxidant profile and oxidative status among postmenopausal women. Journal of Food Science and Technology volume. 2012.
- Brar et al. The impact of Moringa oleifera leaf supplementation on human and animal nutrition, growth, and milk production: A systematic review. Phytotherapy Research. 2022
- Nova et al. Potential of Moringa oleifera to Improve Glucose Control for the Prevention of Diabetes and Related Metabolic Alterations: A Systematic Review of Animal and Human Studies. Nutrients 2020.