SANUSq Botanique: Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris) in vegetable capsules - 400 mg x 90
Men’s health: Urinary Tract and Prostate
Current batch best before date: August 2025
Country of origin: India
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per capsule) 400 mg organically grown Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris) in vegetable capsules
Suggested dosage: We suggest 3 capsules per day.
Storage: Refrigerate after opening, and use within 60 days
What is Gokshura?
Gokshura, also known as Tribulus Terrestris, is a plant that has been used for centuries in the Ayurvedic system of medicine as a urinary tonic, diuretic, and aphrodisiac. The root and fruits of gokshura have been used to manage various health problems such as urinary tract disorders, erectile dysfunction, polyuria, low testosterone levels, prostate gland problems and kidney stones. Gokshura grows in India, Africa, Australia and southern Europe. It also goes by other names such as gokhru, caltrops, cat's head, devil's weed and puncture vine.
Gokshura contains a variety of bioactive compounds that work as antioxidants, and are responsible for the plant's medicinal and therapeutic actions such as anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, diuretic, pain-relieving and anti-spasmodic. Some of these bioactive compounds include steroidal saponins, flavonoids, glycosides and alkaloids. [1-2]
Health Benefits in a Nutshell
- Useful in urinary tract disorders
- Supports prostate health
- Boosts energy
- Prevents kidney stones
- Supports heart health
- Good for gout and arthritis
- Strengthens muscles
Health Benefits of Gokshura
1. Works as an antioxidant
Gokshura contains a number of phytochemicals (flavonoid, tannin, and phenolic acids) that have antioxidant properties. Your body relies on internal and external sources of antioxidants to fight oxidative stress and reduce inflammation. Chronic state of oxidative damage and inflammation in the body can lead to many serious health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and even cancer.
2. Promotes urinary tract and prostate gland health
Gokshura is a very effective herbal supplement for supporting bladder health, preventing urinary infections and nourishing the genito-urinary system. Gokshura may help relieve many problems related to urinary health such as painful and frequent urination (dysuria), urinary incontinence, urgent need to urinate even when the bladder is not full, and burning sensation during urination. It also clears obstructions in the urinary tract, cleanses the body of toxins and excess fluid, and nourishes the urinary system. Certain bioactive compounds found in gokshura have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and that is what make gokshura supplements beneficial in preventing urinary infections and supporting the health of your urinary tract.
Gokshura supplements is helpful in managing symptoms associated with prostate gland disorders such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a severe but common prostate illness that affects men over 40 and causes enlargement of prostate. BPH causes blockage in the urethra, leading to restricted or weak flow of urine and other painful symptoms such as painful urination and difficulty passing urine. It also impacts sexual functions. As a powerful diuretic, gokshura improves the production and flow of urine. This reduces the symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate. By increasing urinary output, gokshura also maintains healthy a fluid balance in the body.
3. Improves sexual wellness and libido
There is growing evidence that gokshura may boost libido (sexual desire) and manage sexual problems in women and men, and particularly in post-menopausal women. [3-7] It is not yet known how Tribulus Terrestris actually works in improving sexual health and sexual functions such as libido and satisfaction but emerging evidence suggests the involvement of many modes of action, including its ability to increase hormones that regulate sexual functions.
4. For healthy kidney functions
Gokshura supports kidney health in a number of ways. It works as a diuretic, which means it increases the production of urine and helps the body remove extra water and salt from the body through urine. It gets rid of excess uric acid, prevents the formation of kidney stones, and may even help in reducing the size of kidney stones. Gokshura has lithotriptic properties, which means it can help break and dissolve stones. And since it helps remove uric acid, it is effective in gout, where excess deposits of uric acid crystals in the joints cause pain and inflammation.
5. May increase athletic performance
Gokshura supplements are very popular among body builders and athletes for their purported benefits in improving exercise performance and increasing muscle mass. But research in this field is not very clear. However, there is evidence that taking gokshura may reduce muscle damage and increase anaerobic performance.  While there is not much scientific evidence, the ayurvedic system of medicine supports that gokshura helps improve energy and vitality.
Other health benefits
- Helpful in migraine
- May help in arthritis and good for gout
- Supports heart health
- May reduce blood sugar levels
- Reduces inflammation
- May help in PCOS
- May help in piles
- Improves skin health
Gokshura is considered safe to consume and is not associated with any major side effects.
- It may cause upset stomach, abdominal cramps and rashes in some people.
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, or for women who are trying to conceive
- People who are taking medication for diabetes and or high blood pressure should consult their healthcare practitioner before taking gokshura supplements in any form.
- People with pre-existing medical conditions such as cancer, prostate disorders and kidney disorders should consult their healthcare practitioner before taking gokshura supplements in any form.
- Alexander V. SIROTKIN and Adriana KOLESAROVA. Puncture Vine (Tribulus Terrestris L.) in Control of Health and Reproduction. Physiol Res v.70(Suppl 4); 2021
- Chhatre et al. Phytopharmacological overview of Tribulus terrestris. Pharmacogn Rev. 2014.
- Akhtari, E. et al. “Tribulus Terrestris for Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction in Women: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study,” Daru Journal of the Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran University (2014) 22:40.
- DeSouza, K.Z. et al. “Efficacy of Tribulus Terrestris for the Treatment of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder in Postmenopausal Women: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial,” Menopause (2016) 23:1252.
- Gama, C.R. et al. “Clinical Assessment of Tribulus Terrestris Extract in the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction,” Clinical Medicine Insights in Women’s Health (2014) 7:45.
- Kemenov, Z et al. “Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of Tribulus Terrestris in Male Sexual Dysfunction: A Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial,” Maturitas (2017) 99:20.
- Postigo, S. et al. “Assessment of the Effects of Tribulus Terrestris on Sexual Function of Menopausal Women,” Revista Brasileira de Ginecologia e Obstetrícia (2016) 38:140.
- Ma et al. Tribulus terrestris extracts alleviate muscle damage and promote anaerobic performance of trained male boxers and its mechanisms: Roles of androgen, IGF-1, and IGF binding protein-3. J Sport Health Sci. 2017